ideal art classroom

Thursday, October 26, 2006

My blog

My blog reflects my ideas and thoughts on building the ideal classroom. I have chosen to focus on the ideal art classroom as this is my area of interest.
I have used a combination of websites, images both from the net and my own and my own personal thoughts jotted down as I researched each key stage in the development of the ideal classroom.
I have tried to include the opinions of academics, teachers and students in what would comprise the ideal classroom and have included a webquest on the designing of an ideal art space at a school.
The teaching of visual arts in a school is often seen as unimportant or “for the bludgers” but I feel it is in these creative subjects that students can make a place where they can connect with each other through networked learning and develop a community where they can reflect, participate in deep learning, explore their gifts and talents and experience a sense of freedom and power over their education in a creative environment.
Individuals can often transform in the engaging subject of visual arts, where they can explore other aspects of themselves like their creativity. The culture of the school can then change as all individuals in the school begin to realise that the creative arts is a powerful tool in building a community where everyone can experience a sense of happiness, inspiration and belonging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home